Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep (CRD) is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students of all faiths who cannot otherwise afford a private education. CRD nurtures and challenges young women and men to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
We are seeking a group of dedicated, intellectually curious and mission-driven educators who are open to growth and want to be part of our community. As part of the faculty, they will have the unique opportunity to help develop one of Dallas’ most promising educational options for young men and women. Candidates should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education and be comfortable modeling an active and inspiring faith life for all in the community.
Anticipated Start Date:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach five to six Principal-assigned class periods
- Supervise at least one extracurricular activity
- Plan and prepare curriculum-based unit and lesson plans
- Grade and record student work
- Serve as a substitute teacher for absent teachers
- Prepare, correct and proctor assessments
- Attend conferences and orientations with students and parents
- Offer individual guidance to students
- Serve on faculty committees; receive instructional coaching; visit classrooms
- Study departmental and school data
- Attend faculty meetings
- Take part in school’s religious and spiritual programs, including faculty and staff retreats
- Mathematics Teacher
- Government and Economics Teacher
- Foreign Language Teacher (Spanish-speaking preferred)
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree
- 24 credit hours in primary teaching discipline or BA in instructional area
- 12 credit hours in education courses or a valid, appropriate state certification (could be working towards it)
- Proficiency in using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, online textbooks, and educational websites)
- Minimum two-year experience working as a high school or middle school teacher
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm, openness, and dedication
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
*Theology teacher candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Theology or a related area from an accredited Catholic university.
- Full-time position with benefits. Salary is based on education and experience.
If you would like to be considered for a faculty position at Cristo Rey Dallas, please submit one PDF document containing the following information via email to the Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep Hiring Committee at email@example.com by March 30, 2018.
- Cover letter and resume
- List of three professional references (including email and telephone contact information for each reference)
- Transcripts from undergraduate and graduate education (This may be attached separately.)
- Responses to ALL three essay questions:
- Who are you? (Maximum Response: 500 Words)
- Describe your philosophy of education and explain how you hope to put it into practice as a member of the Cristo Rey Dallas team. (Maximum Response: 500 words)
- What is good instruction? (Maximum Response: 500 words)