Assistant Controller (Full-Time)
Date Modified: March 12, 2019
FLSA Clasification: FLSA Exempt
Reports to: Director of Finance
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep (CRD) is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students of all faiths who cannot otherwise afford a private education. CRD nurtures and challenges young women and men to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
Anticipated Start Date:
- - April 1, 2019 or sooner
As a member of the finance team, the Assistant Controller reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for supporting the accounting functions of the Finance Office as well as the administration and management of the human resources operational activities of the school. The position requires a highly organized and detail-oriented person with excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Fiscal and Business Office Responsibilities:
- - Attends to accounts receivable, tuition collections and business partner payments for services.
- - Assist with accounting duties such as monthly journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, and financial reports.
- - Manage accounts payable
- - Monitor cash flows; verifies weekly check runs and other check processing.
- - Assist with the annual financial audit of the school as well as the annual IRS Form 990.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- - Reconcile payroll and benefit information to ensure that it is accurately maintained in ExponentHR.
- - Process payroll
- - Assist with posting, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for open positions.
- - Assist with employee on-boarding, orientation, exit processes, and document completion.
- - Assist with development and updating of the School’s employee handbook, and policies and procedures handbook.
- - Implement HR programs and policies as needed by the school.
- - Attends workshops and conferences to keep up-to-date with current accounting developments and tax laws.
- - Performs special projects as assigned.
- - Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- - Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- - Minimum of 4-7 years of financial experience.
- - Working knowledge of business and accounting policies, procedures, and practices.
- - Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization and the ability to maintain information in a strict confidential manner.
- - Proficient computer skills; in particular, knowledge of Excel, and Word.
- - Experience using Quickbooks Premier Accounting Software
- - Ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities, functions and activities.
- - Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- - Full-time, year-round position with competitive salary, benefits and paid vacation
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- - Regularly sit, talk, hear and interact with students, parents, staff and visitors
- - Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- - Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.