CWSP Transportation Manager
Date Modified: May 2, 2019
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Operations
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep (CRD) is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students of all faiths who cannot otherwise afford a private education. CRD nurtures and challenges young women and men to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
Anticipated Start Date:
June 1, 2019
The Transportation Manager manages all facets of the CRD and CWSP transportation logistics, including but not limited to home to school transportation, CWSP school to work transportation, field trips, student athletic & extracurricular events, student and staff retreats. The Transportation Manager must be able to work with bus drivers, students, parents, sponsors, administration, faculty and volunteers in coordinating the transportation and daily functions of the CWSP office to promote the mission of Cristo Rey Dallas. planning, scheduling, record keeping, driver communication and training, policy and protocol development and maintenance, vehicle maintenance, coaching and oversight, student accountability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of home to school transportation including, but not limited to, determining most efficient routes and appropriate sized vehicles, issuing bus passes, working with administration, parents and students to ensure safe travel from home to school and school to home.
- Manage the distribution of bus passes, student address and phone number changes, route changes due to increase or decrease of riders in various transportation zones
- Coordinate the daily logistics of providing transportation to and from student’s job sites, i.e. placing locations on specific routes, determining the appropriate size of vehicle to most efficiently transport students safely. As well as making sure that all job sites are routed properly to ensure timely drop off and pick of students at their job sites. In addition, in the event of a shortage of drivers, the Transportation Manager will be the primary backup driver
- Oversee proper maintenance, repairs and management of records for vehicle fleet that currently includes:
- Five 15-passenger late model shuttles,
- One 15-passenger multi-function school activity bus
- Recruitment and screening of shuttle driver candidates before recommending an interview with the CWSP Director, who will hire and prepare agreement
- Driver training, supervision and accountability protocols. Also responsible for training of drivers in the event of emergency situations
- Facilitates loading and unloading of student workers onto shuttles, DART buses/rail to insure they arrive safely to each job site, along with transporting students to and from job sites under special circumstances (i.e. tardy, illness, early closings, weather related issues, etc.)
- Scheduling, coordinating and communicating with drivers, faculty/staff and other stakeholders
- Driver time card review and approval each pay cycle
- Managing transportation dismissal after school/work each day
- Participate in all professional development days, staff retreats and other school activities.
- Other transportation related duties as assigned by CWSP or CRD
- Adept at building rapport and trust with people from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, including underrepresented urban youth and first-generation college students
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Communications, or Business related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively when problem solving
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Cristo Rey Network and model
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Desire to work at a faith-based educational institution in urban core
- Ability to take initiative and be self-starter
- CDL class A driver’s license – experience in driving 40+ passenger buses
- Documentation demonstrating a satisfactory driving record
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Full-time, year-round position with competitive salary, benefits and paid vacation
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Regularly sit, talk, hear and interact with students, parents, staff and visitors
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
- Willing to complete necessary certification and additional transportation related training via Region 10 School Bus Driver Safety Certification program
Send a resume, cover letter, list of references, and answers to the following essay prompts to email@example.com. Essays should not exceed 500 words.
- Who are you?
- Describe an instance in your professional or personal life where you corrected an inefficiency.
- What aspect of the CRD mission speaks most to you?
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.