World Literature Teacher (Short-Term Substitute)
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep (CRD) is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students of all faiths who cannot otherwise afford a private education. CRD nurtures and challenges young women and men to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
We are seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and mission-driven educator who is open to growth and wants to be part of our community to cover a maternity leave. Candidates should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education and be comfortable modeling an active and inspiring faith life for all in the community.
Anticipated Start Date:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach five Principal-assigned class periods
- Supervise students in an assigned study hall period
- Plan and prepare curriculum-based unit and lesson plans
- Grade and record student work
- Serve as a substitute teacher for absent teachers
- Prepare, correct and proctor assessments
- Attend conferences and orientations with students and parents
- Offer individual guidance to students
- Serve on faculty committees; receive instructional coaching; visit classrooms
- Study departmental and school data
- Attend faculty meetings
- Take part in the school's religious and spiritual programs, including faculty and staff retreats
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in related area
- 24 credit hours in primary teaching discipline or BA in instructional area
- 12 credit hours in education courses or a valid, appropriate state certification (preferred but not required)
- Proficiency in using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, online textbooks, and educational websites)
- Minimum two-years experience working as a high school or middle school teacher (preferred but not required)
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm, openness, and dedication
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
- Temporary, contract position at $30 per hour.
If you would like to be considered for a faculty position at Cristo Rey Dallas, please submit one PDF document containing the following information via email to the Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2017. Applications submitted after this date will be considered until the position has been filled.
- Cover letter and resume
- List of three professional references (including email and telephone contact information for each reference)
- Transcripts from undergraduate and graduate education (This may be attached separately.)